CYB 205 Software Foundations for Cyber Security Solved Assignment
• Referencing styles: APA
• Course Code: CYB 205
• Course Title: Software Foundations for Cyber security
• University: Utica College
• Country: US
Do you want CYB 205 Software Foundations for Cyber Security Assignment Answers? Case Study Help is the No1 case study and assignment help providing company. We provides you assignment writing services online. We have a vast team of eminent writers who assist you with 100% plagiarism free content.
- For this lab, three major components are required:
- Virtual Box virtualization software
- A Kali Linux virtual machine (which should have been installed previously)
- Metasploitable2 virtual machine
- The Metasploitable2 virtual machine (VM) is a Linux virtual machine purposely designed with security flaws to demonstrate vulnerabilities and tools used to exploit them. This lab will cover the installation of Metaspolitable2 with VM ware and Virtual Box applications.
- Metasploitable2 Installation
- Navigate to https://sourceforge.net/projects/implementable/files/Metasploitable2/download the reconfigured Metasploitable2 VM and note your download location.
- The downloaded folder contains the zipped files and needs to be extracted for use. Extract or unzip the folder using your preferred method to the same location as the zipped folder for simplicity.
- Open the Virtual-box application.
- Click the “New” icon to create a new VM. When the dialogue box appears, fill out the information as seen below and click “Next.”
- Adjust your memory size if desired. This application does not need a lot of memory to run, and the default is fine. For this screenshot, the user chose 2GB (2048MB). Click “Next” to continue the installation.
- Select the “Use an existing virtual hard disk file.” Click the folder on the right side and navigate to the “VMDK” file extracted in Step 2, select it and click “open”. Click the “Create” button to continue the installation.
- The Metasploitable2 VM should now show up in the list of VM’s within VirtualBox.
- Before powering on the Metasploitable2 VM, network settings must be configured. Since this VM is plagued with vulnerabilities, it is NOT advisable to allow this VM access to the internet.
- When the “Settings” dialogue box appears, select the “Network” icon on the left. Under “Adapter 1” ensure the “Enable Network Adapter” is selected. Set the “Attached to” drop-down to “Internal Network.”
- After “Internal Network” has been selected, the default network name of “internet” can be used, or a custom internal network name can be created by typing a name in the “Name” field. The user in the screenshot named their “Internal Network” USA. Once completed, select “OK.”
- Now select the Metasploitable2 machine and power on the virtual machine.
- Wait for the VM to boot fully. Once booted, the Metasploitable Logo appears.
We have peaceable of best writers with extraordinary writing skills. We are happy to assist you, Pay a visit now!